Thu, August 22, 2013

The Distance Between Us book cover

The Distance Between Us
By Kasie West
Publication date: July 2, 2013
Harper Teen, 320 pages
Source: Borrowed from Ginger

Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she’s beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.

— Goodreads.com description

I’m going to keep this review short and sweet, just like The Distance Between Us by Kasie West:

• SUPER CUTE love story

• A main character with a sarcastic, dry humor that I really enjoyed

• I read it in 24 hours — it’s a book you can’t help but devour

• The perfect end-of-summer read

That’s all you need to know, I say! The Distance Between Us is a cute quickie book that was JUST what I needed to end a reading slump.

Posted by: Anna   •   In: family, kasie west, romance

Glad you enjoyed this one! I had a feeling you would. I don’t normally gravitate towards the “cute” books, but this one had a good balance. I definitely want to read more contemps by this author.

2. P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex said:

I keep hearing that this book is cute and enjoyable. I don’t normally read cute but I might give this one a try. Glad this book helped you out of a reading slump. I’m currently in one and it sucks.

Posted on: Thu, August 22, 2013

I love books with the whole rich/poor element and this sounds right up my alley.Yay for short and cute books!

4. We Heart YA said:

Woohoo! So happy to hear that it’s a good read, because we really enjoyed PIVOT POINT and have been looking forward to more from Kasie West!

5. Quinn @ Quinn’s Book Nook said:

I loved The Distance Between Us, too. I wish I hadn’t read it so I could use it to end the reading slump I’m in right now 🙂

6. Pam@YAEscapefromReality said:

I loved this book and I really enjoyed Caymen’s snarky sense of humor and the banter between she and Xander.

7. Hannah said:

I’ve read so many good comments about this book, it’s already on my wish-list but I may have to add it to my next Amazon order… A quick, cute read sounds perfect for the end of summer.

8. Genevieve said:

I’ve heard so many grea things about this book that I actually bought it before reading it, which is something I rarely do! It’s definitely going to be one of my end-of-summer reads and I have a feeling it’ll be worth buying and rereading. 😀

9. Brianna said:

I’ve heard nothing but good about this book and Kasie West. Thanks for sharing your review.

10. Beez said:

I loved this book. cute review.

11. Carla said:

you know whats out me off reading this book for so long? what self respecting people wear those sneakers and shoes? REALLY.

12. Alexa Y. said:

Short and sweet? This sounds like the kind of book that would be perfect to read on one free afternoon. I’m glad you ended up enjoying it!

13. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West | Chachic's Book Nook said: