Mon, February 25, 2013

Top 10 Authors I’d Put on My Auto-Buy List

Top 10 Authors I’d Put On My Auto-Buy List

Oh, this one was actually really tough for me, because I tend to love books more than authors, if that makes sense. For instance, it’s not rare for me to love love love one book by a certain author, but feel pretty meh about the next one published.

Still, these 10 authors are the ones I can honestly say I would at least TRY to read anything new they wrote. Or, whose books I would pause anything to read (aka like tonight when I got Levitating Las Vegas by Jennifer Echols and promptly abandoned everything I’m supposed to be reading right now):

photo

Maggie Stiefvater
Kristin Cashore
Sarah Dessen
Lauren Oliver
Jennifer Echols
Stephanie Perkins
John Green
Jennifer E. Smith
Richelle Mead
Megan McCafferty

Bonus entry: David Levithan! Ugh can you believe I didn’t have a book of his on hand for this picture? Gotta rectify that asap…

1. marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said:

Oh man yes Kristin Cashore and Richelle Mead are totally buy release day authors for me and probably Stephanie Perkins too!

2. Angelica said:

Anna we’ve got a few Authors in common, pls check out my Top Ten list.

Pls also consider listing your site at YA Blogosphere a directory listing for all YA-related blogs.

Have a great week :D

3. KateB said:

Love the picture! I’ve read (and loved) all of those authors except for Kristin Cashore and Jennifer Echols but they’re on my to-read/to-buy list! Great list.

4. Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews said:

I can’t believe I forgot Kristin Cashore! I loved Graceling, though I didn’t love Fire that much. I’m excited to get to Bitterblue soon.

I agree with Maggie Stiefvater. She made my list as well.

5. Jessica said:

Green is an author I enjoy, but he’s not an immediate buy for me. Perkins keeps calling me to try, but haven’t yet. Great list!

6. kit said:

Stephanie Perkins made my list too – I am reading Lola at the moment (almost done!) and her books just make me smile.

Posted on: Mon, February 25, 2013

I love your list! Lauren Oliver, Maggie Stiefvater, and John Green made mine as well. I really need to read more of Jennifer E. Smith’s books.

8. Sabina said:

Urgh, so many authors there that I know I will love and that I own books of, but haven’t read yet! Can’t wait to get into them.

My Top Ten list

Sabina @ Delirious About Books

9. JennRenee said:

Great list. I have a couple of the same. John Green just rocks. my top ten http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday-45-and-top-ten-tuesday-35.html

10. Christina said:

Great list! I have some of the same ones. I love Richelle Mead, John Green, Stephanie Perkins and Sarah Dessen. I need to read Statistical Prob. of Love at First Sight- it’s been on my Nook forever and I’ve heard such good things.

Posted on: Mon, February 25, 2013

I’m not surprised at how similar our lists look. Also, JEchols is a “put down whatever you’re currently reading & devour immediately” kinda writer. This we know is true.

12. Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor said:

Oooh, now I really want to read something by Jennifer Echols and McAfferty.. I didn’t really like Delirium though, but Anna is amazing! :)

13. Helene said:

Great picture! Original :) I just bought The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, can’t wait to read it! Especially since it’s on your list!

14. Farrah said:

Dessen, Green, Perkins, Smith…we are like twins. I will buy ANYTHING from these talents as well. I am SO STOKED for Perkin’s ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. EEP.

15. YA Book Queen said:

Definitely agree with Stiefvater, Dessen, Cashore, Oliver and Mead! Such fabulous writers :)

Great list!

16. Susan (Bloggin’ ’bout Books) said:

I totally know what you’re talking about when you say you love books more than authors. That’s why this topic was so easy for me — there are only a handful of authors I trust not to disappoint me!

17. Beth | YA Vixens said:

Great list. Completely understand what you mean about loving books more than authors, sometimes its JUST the book <3
    Beth @ YA Vixens

Posted on: Mon, February 25, 2013

Echols! Green! So much goodness…

19. Cecelia said:

Stiefvater is a solid pick – she almost made it onto my list, too. I need to read more John Green, more of all of these authors, really. Thanks for sharing!

20. Kay @ It’s a Book Life said:

Great choices! I love Graceling, the Delirium series and The Scorpio Races.

My Top Ten

21. Braiden @ Book Probe said:

Hooray for Maggie Stiefvater and Lauren Oliver! Love those ladies! And Kristin Cashore is too. They would be in my honourable mentions but sadly I forgot to do that on my post.

22. Mary @ My Sisters Bookshelf said:

Gulp, I forgot Kristen Cashore. Somehow this feels like a betrayal to me?!

23. Katie @ Youth Literature Reviews said:

I really like your photo! Lauren Oliver, John Green, and David Levithan are on my Top Ten list too!

24. Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) said:

Yay! Stephanie Perkins and John Green! I will automatically buy ANYTHING they release! :) Great list!

25. Shelver506 @ Bookshelvers Anonymous said:

I know what you mean. I’m so so so cautious about buying books. I hate feeling like I’m wasting money, you know? But YAY CASHORE!

Check out my TTT when you have a chance, okay? :) Maybe I can add a few more to your list.

26. Lisa the Nerd said:

KRISTIN CASHORE! Honestly, does anyone write fantasy heroines like that woman? Yeesh.

And can I tell you how much I love Along for the Ride by Dessen? SERIOUSLY.

Solid list, yo.

27. Melody said:

Need to start reading Jennifer Echols and Richelle Mead this year! So good to see Lauren Oliver on so many lists!! :)

28. Genevieve Hayes said:

I agree with your comment about loving books more than authors. Besides, a lot of the best YA authors have only written one or two books.

29. Jen said:

RICHELLE MEAD, first and foremost. So many other fantastical authors on this list.

30. Alexa Y. said:

Maggie Stiefvater is definitely an author I would consider as auto-buy. While her books don’t always hit the mark with me, most of the time, I’m still drawn in by her lyrical, beautiful writing.

31. Stephanie Allen said:

John Green is most definitely on my list, even though I’m usually a fantasy and dystopian sort of girl. And as for Lauren Oliver, I would probably read her grocery lists.