Mon, February 25, 2013

Top 10 Authors I’d Put on My Auto-Buy List

Top 10 Authors I’d Put On My Auto-Buy List

Oh, this one was actually really tough for me, because I tend to love books more than authors, if that makes sense. For instance, it’s not rare for me to love love love one book by a certain author, but feel pretty meh about the next one published.

Still, these 10 authors are the ones I can honestly say I would at least TRY to read anything new they wrote. Or, whose books I would pause anything to read (aka like tonight when I got Levitating Las Vegas by Jennifer Echols and promptly abandoned everything I’m supposed to be reading right now):

photo

Maggie Stiefvater
Kristin Cashore
Sarah Dessen
Lauren Oliver
Jennifer Echols
Stephanie Perkins
John Green
Jennifer E. Smith
Richelle Mead
Megan McCafferty

Bonus entry: David Levithan! Ugh can you believe I didn’t have a book of his on hand for this picture? Gotta rectify that asap…

1. marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said:

Oh man yes Kristin Cashore and Richelle Mead are totally buy release day authors for me and probably Stephanie Perkins too!
    marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings recently posted..What I’ve Been Reading:The Summer I Turned Pretty, Dualed, Scarlet, and MoreMy Profile

2. Angelica said:

Anna we’ve got a few Authors in common, pls check out my Top Ten list.

Pls also consider listing your site at YA Blogosphere a directory listing for all YA-related blogs.

Have a great week :D
    Angelica recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday ~ Authors that I’d put in my Auto-Buy listMy Profile

3. KateB said:

Love the picture! I’ve read (and loved) all of those authors except for Kristin Cashore and Jennifer Echols but they’re on my to-read/to-buy list! Great list.
    KateB recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday: Authors on my Auto-Buy ListMy Profile

4. Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews said:

I can’t believe I forgot Kristin Cashore! I loved Graceling, though I didn’t love Fire that much. I’m excited to get to Bitterblue soon.

I agree with Maggie Stiefvater. She made my list as well.
    Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews recently posted..Top Ten TuesdayMy Profile

5. Jessica said:

Green is an author I enjoy, but he’s not an immediate buy for me. Perkins keeps calling me to try, but haven’t yet. Great list!
    Jessica recently posted..Authors who could start selling junk and I’d buy itMy Profile

6. kit said:

Stephanie Perkins made my list too – I am reading Lola at the moment (almost done!) and her books just make me smile.
    kit recently posted..Krakauer on Koalas; or Auto-Buy Authors (Top Ten Tuesday)My Profile

Posted on: Mon, February 25, 2013

I love your list! Lauren Oliver, Maggie Stiefvater, and John Green made mine as well. I really need to read more of Jennifer E. Smith’s books.
    Lori recently posted..Top Ten Authors On My Auto-Buy ListMy Profile

8. Sabina said:

Urgh, so many authors there that I know I will love and that I own books of, but haven’t read yet! Can’t wait to get into them.

My Top Ten list

Sabina @ Delirious About Books

9. JennRenee said:

Great list. I have a couple of the same. John Green just rocks. my top ten http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday-45-and-top-ten-tuesday-35.html
    JennRenee recently posted..Teaser Tuesday #45 and Top Ten Tuesday #35My Profile

10. Christina said:

Great list! I have some of the same ones. I love Richelle Mead, John Green, Stephanie Perkins and Sarah Dessen. I need to read Statistical Prob. of Love at First Sight- it’s been on my Nook forever and I’ve heard such good things.

Posted on: Mon, February 25, 2013

I’m not surprised at how similar our lists look. Also, JEchols is a “put down whatever you’re currently reading & devour immediately” kinda writer. This we know is true.

12. Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor said:

Oooh, now I really want to read something by Jennifer Echols and McAfferty.. I didn’t really like Delirium though, but Anna is amazing! :)

13. Helene said:

Great picture! Original :) I just bought The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, can’t wait to read it! Especially since it’s on your list!
    Helene recently posted..Top Ten Authors That I’d Put On My Auto-Buy ListMy Profile

14. Farrah said:

Dessen, Green, Perkins, Smith…we are like twins. I will buy ANYTHING from these talents as well. I am SO STOKED for Perkin’s ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. EEP.
    Farrah recently posted..Command Shortcuts: Tips for Faster WritingMy Profile

15. YA Book Queen said:

Definitely agree with Stiefvater, Dessen, Cashore, Oliver and Mead! Such fabulous writers :)

Great list!
    YA Book Queen recently posted..Review: OUT OF THE EASY by Ruta SepetysMy Profile

16. Susan (Bloggin’ ’bout Books) said:

I totally know what you’re talking about when you say you love books more than authors. That’s why this topic was so easy for me — there are only a handful of authors I trust not to disappoint me!

17. Beth | YA Vixens said:

Great list. Completely understand what you mean about loving books more than authors, sometimes its JUST the book <3
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Beth | YA Vixens recently posted..Top Ten Tues: Authors on my Auto-buy listMy Profile

Posted on: Mon, February 25, 2013

Echols! Green! So much goodness…
    Tara recently posted..Book review and giveaway: Nobody by Jennifer Lynn BarnesMy Profile

19. Cecelia said:

Stiefvater is a solid pick – she almost made it onto my list, too. I need to read more John Green, more of all of these authors, really. Thanks for sharing!
    Cecelia recently posted..top ten authors on my auto-buy listMy Profile

20. Kay @ It’s a Book Life said:

Great choices! I love Graceling, the Delirium series and The Scorpio Races.

My Top Ten

21. Braiden @ Book Probe said:

Hooray for Maggie Stiefvater and Lauren Oliver! Love those ladies! And Kristin Cashore is too. They would be in my honourable mentions but sadly I forgot to do that on my post.

22. Mary @ My Sisters Bookshelf said:

Gulp, I forgot Kristen Cashore. Somehow this feels like a betrayal to me?!
    Mary @ My Sisters Bookshelf recently posted..Let’s Discuss: Ella Enchanted aka That Terrible Fairy Tale Movie Adaptation Starring An Oscar Winning ActressMy Profile

23. Katie @ Youth Literature Reviews said:

I really like your photo! Lauren Oliver, John Green, and David Levithan are on my Top Ten list too!
    Katie @ Youth Literature Reviews recently posted..Top Ten YA Authors On My Auto-Buy ListMy Profile

24. Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) said:

Yay! Stephanie Perkins and John Green! I will automatically buy ANYTHING they release! :) Great list!
    Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) recently posted..BOOK REVIEW: Crewel (Crewel World, #1), by Gennifer AlbinMy Profile

25. Shelver506 @ Bookshelvers Anonymous said:

I know what you mean. I’m so so so cautious about buying books. I hate feeling like I’m wasting money, you know? But YAY CASHORE!

Check out my TTT when you have a chance, okay? :) Maybe I can add a few more to your list.
    Shelver506 @ Bookshelvers Anonymous recently posted..Top 10 Tuesday: My Top Auto-Buy AuthorsMy Profile

26. Lisa the Nerd said:

KRISTIN CASHORE! Honestly, does anyone write fantasy heroines like that woman? Yeesh.

And can I tell you how much I love Along for the Ride by Dessen? SERIOUSLY.

Solid list, yo.

27. Melody said:

Need to start reading Jennifer Echols and Richelle Mead this year! So good to see Lauren Oliver on so many lists!! :)

28. Genevieve Hayes said:

I agree with your comment about loving books more than authors. Besides, a lot of the best YA authors have only written one or two books.
    Genevieve Hayes recently posted..Edgars 2013: The Edge of Nowhere by Elizabeth George ReviewMy Profile

29. Jen said:

RICHELLE MEAD, first and foremost. So many other fantastical authors on this list.
    Jen recently posted..Waiting on: Meet Me at the River by Nina de GramontMy Profile

30. Alexa Y. said:

Maggie Stiefvater is definitely an author I would consider as auto-buy. While her books don’t always hit the mark with me, most of the time, I’m still drawn in by her lyrical, beautiful writing.
    Alexa Y. recently posted..Going Too Far – Jennifer Echols (Review)My Profile

31. Stephanie Allen said:

John Green is most definitely on my list, even though I’m usually a fantasy and dystopian sort of girl. And as for Lauren Oliver, I would probably read her grocery lists.
    Stephanie Allen recently posted..An Ode to The TudorsMy Profile