Note from Anna: Today on the blog, Jennifer E. Smith (one of my favorite authors!) is sharing her Top 5 Literary Love Stories in honor of Valentine’s Day week, of course, and the upcoming release of her new romance, This Is What Happy Looks Like. My review for that will be coming closer to the release date, but, spoiler alert: IT IS SO ENJOYABLE. See for yourself with the giveaway below! xoxo, A.
1. Pride and Prejudice: I know this is an obvious one, but any list on this topic wouldn’t be complete without Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy. Theirs is the quintessential love story: remarkably timeless and wonderfully romantic.
2. Much Ado About Nothing: I know most people would go with Romeo and Juliet here, but I’m a much bigger fan of the witty banter and undeniable chemistry between Beatrice and Benedick. (Plus there’s a much happier ending!)
3. These Happy Golden Years: There’s nothing sweeter than Almanzo Wilder showing up in his buggy to take Laura Ingalls home from her first teaching job, and then getting to watch as their relationship blooms from there.
4. The Fault in Our Stars: If the power of a love story can be measured in tears alone, then this one would win without question. I fell completely in love with Hazel and Augustus, and it was – to borrow a line from John Green – a privilege to have my heart broken by them.
5. The History of Love: The story of Leo Gursky’s lost love is heart wrenching and beautiful and completely unforgettable. I’ve read this book so many times, and somehow, it never fails to astound me.
About the Book:
This Is What Happy Looks Like
By Jennifer E. Smith
Publication date: April 2, 2013
Poppy, 416 pages
If fate sent you an email, would you answer?
When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O’Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.
Then Graham finds out that Ellie’s Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media’s spotlight at all costs?
— Goodreads.com description
Thanks to Poppy, five — yes, FIVE — lucky winners will receive a prize pack of a Statistical Probability of Love paperback, a galley of This Is What Happy Looks Like and some happy prizes. Crazy, right? Thanks, Poppy!
To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below and leave a comment about what makes you happy. (For me, it’s KISSIN BOOKS!) Click here to read my review of Statistical Probability, and here to preorder Happy from Amazon. Good luck!