Wed, May 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday – Foretold and More

anna reads waiting on wednesday

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Foretold book cover

Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
By Richelle Mead, Simone Elkeles, Meg Cabot, Heather Brewer, Saundra Mitchell, Diana Peterfreund, Laini Taylor, Margaret Stohl, Matt de la Pena, Kami Garcia, Malinda Lo, Lisa McMann and Michael Grant (edited by Carrie Ryan)
304 pages
Random House Children’s Books, to be released Aug. 28, 2012

Have you ever been tempted to look into the future? To challenge predictions? To question fate?

It’s human nature to wonder about life’s twists and turns. But is the future already written—or do you have the power to alter it?

From fantastical prophecies to predictions of how the future will transpire, Foretold is a collection of stories about our universal fascination with life’s unknowns and of what is yet to come as interpreted by 14 of young adult fiction’s brightest stars.

— Goodreads.com description

Um, whoa. I’m pretty sure the author list speaks for itself.

The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook book cover

The Almost Truth
By Eileen Cook
272 pages
Simon Pulse, to be released Dec. 4, 2012

When a teenaged con artist realizes that she looks like an age-enhanced photo of a missing child, she decides to pull the ultimate con–until she begins to suspect she may actually be the missing child.

— Goodreads.com description

This sounds like the very definitely of “An Anna Book.” I need this book!

What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang book cover

What’s Left of Me
By Kat Zhang
336 pages
Harper, to be released Sept. 18, 2012

NEVER LET ME GO meets HIS DARK MATERIALS in a beautiful, haunting YA debut, the first book in The Hybrid Chronicles.

Eva and Addie live in a world where everyone is born with two souls, but where only the dominant one is allowed to survive childhood. Fifteen years old, and closer even than twins, the girls are keeping Eva, the ‘second soul’, a secret. They know that it’s forbidden to be hybrid, but how could they ever be apart?

When a dramatic event reveals what really happens to hybrids if they are discovered, Eva and Addie face a dangerous fight for survival, neither wanting to be the one left behind…

— Goodreads.com description

I’m dying to read this one. I think it’s gonna be HUGE.

What’s left of me sounds so great! I’m really excited about it.

2. Grad Student said:

NEVER LET ME GO meets HIS DARK MATERIALS together sound absolutely epic! (and I love twin books). This one is a must read, great choice.

3. Christina Booktasty said:

The Almost Truth sounds like a good one!! 🙂 What an interesting premise!

4. Tara @ Hobbitsies said:

I AM SO EXCITED for What’s Left of Me! I’m super stoked Kat Zhang will be at BEA because I need to get my hands on it! And And YES The Almost Truth sounds like a ME & Anna book haha. And, of course, that list totally speaks for itself.

5. Kathy said:

What’s Left of Me sounds amazing. It’s one of my *must* reads of the fall. I am super excited for it. The Almost Truth sounds like it might be a little funny and touching at the same time. Great choices!

6. Amy said:

Excellent picks! I absolutely LOVE the sound of these and your excitement of them makes me want to read both like NOW. Thank you so much for sharing and adding to my TBR list! Have a great day! 🙂

Here’s mine:

7. Gretchen said:

All of these books just look FANTASTIC. THere is no other way to describe them. 😀

8. Jen said:

OH dude. I cannot wait for What’s Left of Me. Doesn’t that make you want to sing the Nick Lachey song? No? Yeah, me neither……..

9. Lauren said:

These look great. What’s left of me looks amazing. I’m mentioning your pick on my post today!

10. ComaCalm said:

Got all of these on my wishlist! I didn’t have The Almost Truth until I stopped here, but I’ve added it now. 😀

New Follower!
    ComaCalm’s Corner

11. Kelley Lee said:

The almost truth looks absolutely fantastic! I want it!!!

great WoW

Here’s my WoW

12. Rachel said:

I can’t wait for What’s Left Of Me! It sounds simply fascinating. I’m a big dystopian fan and I can’t wait to get my hands on it, since it sounds like an original dystopian novel with so many of these being published nowadays 🙂 check out My WoW 🙂

13. Joie said:

Nice picks! I’m really excited for Foretold–there are so many great authors contributing to it!

Here’s my WoW

14. Adriana C said:

I want to read What’s Left of Me
    and The Almost Truth. great picks!

15. Arianna said:

Great picks! What’s Left of Me in particular sounds really good. Please check out my WoW!

16. Anna said:

Foretold looks AWESOME! I love the idea of it 😀 great picks!!!

Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

17. Pamela said:

These look awesome! What’s Left of Me is already on my TBR list, and foretold has such a great lineup, I’ll probably be adding that one as well. Thanks for sharing!

18. chelleyreads said:

i am super excited for what’s left of me also. great picks–i’ve never heard of the eileen cook title before and i like the sound of that too.

my WoW pick

-michelle

19. Cindy said:

These all look and sound great! Awesome picks 🙂

20. Christy @ Captivated Reading said:

Hot dang! These are all seriously great picks! And I have only heard of “Foretold”.
    And, I’m really loving the cover of “What’s Left of Me”.
    My WoW:http://www.captivatedreading.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday8-tributary-river.html

21. Taneika said:

I’ve never heard of The Almost Truth before, but I’ve been frothing over Foretold and ESPECIALLY What’s Left of Me for a while!
    Great, AWESOME picks this week!
    I’m a new follower by the way 🙂

Taneika @ Flipping Through the Pages

Can I just say, holy moly. Your blog layout is amazing, it looks amazing!
    Ahh I just want to keep typing because I love the look of italics :S Is that weird?
    Sorry.
    I’ll stop now 😐

Posted on: Wed, May 23, 2012

Um, Foretold?! Talk about an amazing author list!