Tue, April 3, 2012

Top 10 Books to Read in One Sitting

Top 10 Books to Read in One Sitting

Oh, this one is EASY. You wouldn’t believe how often I do this (speed reader, holla!), so off the top of my head, here’s a list of a just a few I devoured this way:

1. Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez
2. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
3. How to Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles
4. Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin
5. DJ Rising by Love Maia
6. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
7. Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral
8. In Honor by Jessi Kirby
9. The Selection by Kiera Cass
10. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard

Plus, all of the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead, the Morganville Vampire books by Rachel Caine and the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich!

1. Andie Z said:

LOL that gif is hilarious! That is totally me when I’m really into a book. Love it. Of the books I’ve read on your list, I totally agree. Especially Statistical Probability, Wanderlove, and Such a Rush. Although miraculously I forced myself to slow down on Such a Rush and it last a whole three days. I was quite impressed with myself.

And I am super super looking forward to In Honor! Glad to know that’s one I should clear a whole day for. :)

2. Sash from Sash and Em said:

almost peed my pants when i saw that gif. wonderful list, anna! :) xo

3. Jim from YA Yeah Yeah said:

Fab list! Stephanie Plum is a great pick which I’m kicking myself for not choosing.

4. Iffath said:

Great picks! I looooved Virtuosity, Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and Wanderlove–deffo one-sitting reads!

And LOL at the gif XD

5. Jasprit said:

Awesome list Anna, I adored Virtuosity and I can’t wait to read Such a Rush. And that gif is adorable!

6. Em (love ya lit) said:

So many of these YES! (the others I haven’t read so, can’t weigh in on) I can’t wait to collect reading suggestions from all the TTT quick reads lists! I love quick reads and that baby up there too.

Posted on: Tue, April 3, 2012

I was about to say.. aren’t all your books read in one sitting?! haha

8. Gretchen @ My life is a notebook said:

HAHA, love the gif! I got those Elkeles books in a single set and just ran right through them. VA too! And I really, really want to get my hands on the Selection. o.o

9. Jac @ For Love and Books said:

Your graphic is HILARIOUS!! I love your list too, The Selection is one I’m dying to read and have seen on quite a few lists today! I’m glad to know it’s such a good read that you just get sucked in ;)

10. Magan @ Rather Be Reading said:

There are a few on your list I haven’t read yet! Need to get on that. So excited to read your upcoming reviews of In Honor and Such a Rush. :)

Posted on: Tue, April 3, 2012

omg that gif is amazing hahahahaha!!!

12. Sharon @ Fictionally Inclined said:

I was this close to putting the Stephanie Plum and Vampire Academy books on my list, too! They’re totally fantastic read-in-a-day material.

I’ve heard some great things about Virtuosity; I really should check it out.

13. Em @ Sash & Em said:

HAHA!! That GIF!!! That’s what I look like when I read, I swear!

Fantastic list!

-Em

14. Sarah B. said:

THAT GIF! So funny.
    And great list! Wanderlove is on mine too… and I still need to read a few of those.

15. kit said:

Haha, I love that gif. (I just accidentally typed “I love that fig” – it’s been a long day.) The Statistical Probability… and Wanderlove are both on my TBR list, they both sound excellent!

16. Vyki @ On The Shelf said:

Great TTT. I have The Selection on pre-order and I can’t wait to get it, but silly me forgot that the order won’t come until my latest pre-order’s release date in July! Here’s mine :)

17. Michelle said:

Great List!! I LOVED Freshman Year!! Some others on there I need to read!

18. Sarah said:

I’ve read three of these – I have homework I guess! A super agree for The Statistical Probability . . . if she can live it in 2 days I can read it in 1.

19. Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) said:

Yeah! Wanderlove and Chopsticks! Great picks. :) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight looks really good, as does Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters (though, what’s with the LONG titles?!). Awesome list!

20. manda-rae said:

I love the additions you gave at the end of your list. I love Vampire Academy, Morganville Vampires, and Stephanie Plum. However I haven’t read anything in your list… yet. Great list!

My Top Ten

21. Christina Booktasty said:

I just read TSPOLaFS the other day! Such a great choice!

22. Danica Page (Taking It One Page at a Time) said:

Wow! Great list. Every one you listed, I’ve either read or am dying to read.

For mine check the link below.

~Danica Page

23. Victoria Scott said:

Ooh, definitely the Vampire Academy books. SWOON!

Posted on: Tue, April 3, 2012

I couldn’t agree more! I really can’t wait to read In Honor and Such a Rush too. :)

25. Jasmine Rose said:

Oh that GIF is just adorable :]
    I’m a super slow reader so it didn’t happen in one day, but I definitely agree the Freshman Year is a fun, quick read.