Fri, February 17, 2012

In My Mailbox 38

“In My Mailbox” is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren about what new books we got in the mail (or library or whatever) this week.

A QUICK DISCLAIMER:

I promised my friend Sash a vlog this week. Then I saw my pile of books. A vlog would be long. And absurd. Thus, this disclaimer to point out that I am a spoiled brat and I am aware of the situation. I actually feel pretty embarrassed by all these books. My name is Anna, and I have a book addiction.

Also, pardon my raspy whispery voice…my husband was sleeping. :)

First, my books from the Breathless Reads tour stop out in the ‘burbs:

Born Wicked, Legend

• Born Wicked by jessica Spotswood
  • Legend by Marie Lu

I met the delightful authors…

Marie Lu, Anna Reads, Fiction Folio, Beth Revis

Marie Lu, Me, Tara & Beth Revis

Jessica Spotswood, Anna Reads, Fiction Folio, Andrea Cremer

Jessica Spotswood, Me, Tara & Andrea Cremer

… and had them sign my books. (Andrea Cremer signed my book last time I met her!) Biggest takeaway of the night? Beth Revis is HYSTERICAL.

Signed copy of Born Wicked by Jessica SpotswoodSigned copy of A Million Suns by Beth RevisSigned copy of Legend by Marie Lu

I adore author events, and this one was an absolute blast.

Borrowed from Melanie:

• Everybody See the Ants by A.S. King
  • The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg
  • Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

I adore you, Melanie. Thank you!

Gifts from Sash & Em:

• The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (SIGNED COPY!)
  • Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
  • Lucky Fools by Coert Voorhees
  • Thumped by Megan McCafferty (JD FOREVER!)
  • The Drowned Cities by Paolo Bacigalupi
  • Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer
  • The Story of Us by Deb Caletti

Goodness gracious, they’ve spoiled me rotten. Girls, you are amazing. Thank you thank you thank you.

Received from Publishers:

• The Mockingbirds and The Rivals by Daisy Whitney (Thank you, Little, Brown)
  • Abandon by Meg Cabot (Thank you, Scholastic)

Purchased:

Small-Town Sinners by Melissa Walker was just $2.51 for my Kindle — how could I resist?

Received for an Upcoming Blog Tour:

Awkward by Marnie Bates

Now, where the heck to start? Then again, this is a good problem! Happy reading, everyone!

Posted by: Anna   •   In: loot

1. Mundie Moms said:

Your IMM freaking ROCKS! Love your pictures w/ the Breathless Reads authors.

2. anna said:

You always have the best books! I can’t wait to hear what you think of Born Wicked.

Posted on: Fri, February 17, 2012

I’m going to Breathless Reads on Tuesday! I can’t wait. You got lots of great books! I reading Stay by Deb Caletti now and it’s amazing. I’m definitely going to have to read all her books asap.

4. jen said:

ahhh born wicked! and the story of us! LOVE deb caletti.

5. Kelsey @ The Lost Book Reports said:

oh you were definitely spoiled, and with a lot of great books, I am beyond jealous of you right now!!!

6. Erica said:

Enjoy all your books – looks like you gals had a blast a Breathless Reads :) I hope this summer I end up at one of the same signings as you one of these times. YAY Take a Bow, I LOVE her books so much. happy reading :)

7. Erica said:

OH! And I loved Small Town Sinners – so that is definitely 2.51 very well spent. Such a great book :)

8. Birdy said:

WOW! You have some IMM, that is amazing, totally jealous right now!

9. Lynn marie said:

Spoiled darling! Nice haul!! You will LOVE Abandon. At least I did…so you should too :)

10. Sash and Em said:

VLOG!! :D Also, raspy whispery voice is super sultry! ;) and YES to LOTS of books and the Breathless Tour! Born Wicked – Jessica is so sweet and awesome!!! SEE YOU AGAIN SOON! (in the vlogs, that is.) xoxoxo

11. Anna @ YA in the Second City said:

Ahh! You made it out to Naperville for the Breathless Reads event, and I am so jealous. I always want to go, but it’s too far to get there and back on Metra during the week…sigh. I suppose I’ll just continue to live vicariously through you and the other Chicagoland bloggers. :)

12. Chloe @ YA Booklover Blog said:

You got so many great books this week! The Lonely Hearts Club and The Mockingbirds are both really good :)

13. April books & Wine said:

LOL your disclaimer is too cute.

YAY BREATHLESS TOUR! AND I totes agree about Beth Revis. She rocks.

ALSO, I need to buy Small Town Sinners like yesterday. AND AHH THE RIVALS.

Happy reading Anna! <3

14. AMANDA said:

I’m not even sure where to start! So many great ones this week. I’m jealous. Your disclaimer is so adorable.

15. Ange said:

Great books! Especially jealous of the ones you got signed! Sweet!

16. Michele // Just a Lil Lost said:

Oh wow, so many great books!! How exciting you got to meet those authors! :) I have both Born Wicked and Legend waiting to be read >_< Heard they're both fantastic tho!

Thanks for the reminder! I meant to pick up Small Town Sinners!!

Michele | IMM

17. kit said:

That is an amazing haul of books – enjoy diving into them!

18. Amber (Books of Amber) said:

Awesome haul! Legend and A Million Suns are AMAZING, I loved them both so much. So many of these books are on my wishlist! I hope you love them all.

Books of Amber

19. Valia said:

I really wish the tour was coming my way! But wow so many amazing books! Some i really need to get my hands on. Enjoy!

20. Lea said:

Haha I love your disclaimer– and we’re all book addicts here, so we understand! That is so exciting that you got to meet Marie Lu and Beth Revis and get books signed, I’m slightly jealous haha ;) Hope you enjoy everything that you got this week!

If you’d like you can check out the awesome books I got in my mailbox this week, just click the link below! ;)

Lea @ LC’s Adventures in Libraryland

21. Lindsay @ Turning the Pages said:

Comments No need to worry about being a book addict… we are all right there with you! You had an awesome week in books and I am over the moon jealous!! Enjoy!

Here is my IMM

Happy Reading,
    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages

22. ashley said:

wow, you got some awesome looking books this week. I’m always jealous of people who get to go to the author events. Looks like you had fun.

23. Shortskie said:

LOVED TFIOS and the Breathless Reads Tour was amazing! Awesome haul this week!

Come Check Out My Mailbox!

24. Jayme @ the secret life of an avid reader said:

So many great books! I’m hoping to pick up a copy of Born Wicked via a friend at the Breathless tour! And you got The Rivals– I’ve been dying to read that one! Hope you enjoy them all!

25. Ruby said:

Legend was great! How awesome that you got your copy signed!

26. HEidi said:

Oooh, I hadn’t seen Small Town Sinners before, but I love the Snow White-esque cover! And yeah, too many good books to choose from? My most frequent first world problem.

27. wICKEDWILLOW said:

What a great collection this week!
    I love your blog! This is my first time here and I am new follower. ^^
    Check out my IMM

P.S- You are pretty. :)

28. nea.barabea said:

Haha Anna!! This was so so funny! Great mailbox and enjoy your books ;)

29. Jasmine Rose said:

Born Wicked is FANtastic! I still need to get around to reading Legend, though. I’m looking forward to reading Awkward and I can’t wait to see your review!

30. Angie @ Beneath the Jacket said:

Fantastic mailbox this week! I love the pictures from the Breahtless tour. I’ll most likely be going to the one in my city on Friday night. Excited! I’m uber excited about Drowned Cities because I really liked Shipbreaker. So much I want to say but so little space. I’ll leave you with a wish of happy reading! :D

31. Lauren said:

Looks like you had a great week :) Hope you enjoy reading all these fabulous books!! Born Wicked and Legend both look amazing! come by and check out my IMM and current giveaway!

Posted on: Fri, February 17, 2012

Ooo, you’ll have to tell me what you think of Everybody Sees the Ants.

And… always love our Naperville trips :)

33. Asheley (@BookwormAsheley) said:

Oh, The Drowned Cities! I’m the biggest and fangirliest Paolo Bacigalupi fan out there. It’s sad and pathetic and that book is WAY exciting. Congratulations, I’m currently jealous!

Posted on: Fri, February 17, 2012

I really need to read Across the Universe so I can get on the Beth Revis party train! Yay for awesome books from awesome people :) Enjoy!

35. Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said:

Awesome haul! I like your disclaimer vlog! ;) I got Legend this week, too, and so many of the books you got are on my TBR list. Happy reading!