Tue, October 4, 2011

Remember That Time We Went to Hogwarts?

Chillin’ at Hogsmeade
First butterbeer of the day — delicious, like butterscotch cream soda.
I could drink one of these daily!
Sirius Black wanted poster — “Have you seen this wizard?”
Kate outside Hogwarts
With a hippogriff statue inside Hogwarts
Chocolate frogs! We got a Rowena Ravenclaw trading card inside ours.
Hogwarts Express!
More butterbeer mmmmm
Inside Ollivander’s wand shop
Honeydukes sweet shop!
Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans
Outside Hogwarts
The shockingly lifelike sorting hat!
Puking Pastilles!
Best. Vacation. Ever. I totally got my nerd on, and I’d go back in a second. I could post a full recap of every aspect of my visit to Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando with my sister, but I think it’s best you go experience the magic for yourself. We had hundreds of great pictures that looked like we walked right on to the movie set. We rode all the rides … multiple times … and couldn’t get over all the PERFECT touches.
The paintings on the walls were interacting with one another, Moaning Myrtle was in the restroom, and Ron, Harry & Hermione holograms led us through the castle. Everything was just a dream come true. If you’re a Harry Potter fan, this is a must-see!
Posted by: Anna   •   In: harry potter, me yes me

1. Sash and Em said:

ZOMG. so pumped. i'm going mid-June 😀 so freaking excited. -Sash

Posted on: Tue, October 4, 2011

LOVE the pics! So glad you had a fantastic time. I knew you would!! Can't wait to hear details 🙂

3. Peppermint Ph.D. said:

We've been to Disney several times but not since the Harry Potter exhibit opened! I can't wait to go back!

4. Christi said:

Glad you had a great time! My daughter, a die-hard Disney fanatic, now only wants to return to Universal for WWOHP & the Mummy ride!

5. Scarlett said:

ahhh! I really need to go there! So glad you had fun and I'm so pleased to hear that it feels like you're really there. The execution of this could have tanked majorly but it sounds (and looks) like they did a great job! What I wouldn't do for a real butter beer!

6. Christina / Book Addict said:

OMG! I really want to go- it seems so awesome. Many of my students have gone and loved it. I am so jealous! Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

7. Michelle (my books. my life.) said:

We bought season passes last year so we could keep going back. Can't wait until they expand. 🙂

8. alitareads said:

That place looks amazing. When it first opened I saw someone's video of their trip there on youtube and I teared up just WATCHING it. I'll be one big nerdy mess when I finally made it down there.

9. Kacie said:

I had the best time there! My husband and I went in July. I'm not a roller coaster person, but I was determined to ride the Dragon Challenge. I kept myself calm by explaining everything we were seeing on the way to the rides to my husband, who is not a Potter fan. I closed my eyes and screamed the whole time, but I did it. And I agree on the Butterbeer. I'd go back just for that!

10. barmybex said:

I am sooooooo jealous. It's my dream to go there. I'm saving up but it will be a few years before I have enough to get there.
    It looks so incredible. I think I'll scream, cry and jump around like a lunatic when I finally get there.:P

11. Kayla said:

I always imagined butterbeer tasting like a creamy mix of butterscotch and werther's originals! I was close!

12. Lisa @ Read.Breathe.Relax. said:

Oh my gosh! Did you go to Islands of Adventure THIS PAST weekend?? Cuz, I was definitely there!! I live in Orlando!

13. Jessica Lawlor said:

Fabulous photos! I absolutely cannot wait to get there!

14. Ingrid reads. said:

Wow! How lucky you are! I WANT to go there! Oh and you're absolutely right, it's great to have pictures, but it's better to enjoy the stay 😉

15. Julia :) said:

I WANT TO GO SO BAD!!!!!!! Love all the pictures. Butterbeer sounds absolutely divine! 🙂

16. Jasmine Rose said:

I want to go right now! My fiance and I wanted to go so badly for our honeymoon, but that's sadly just not in the cards. Someday, though, for sure.