Thu, January 27, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen (Iron Fey Book 3)
By Julie Kagawa
January 25, 2011
Harlequin, 368 pages

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who’s sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I’m not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

— Amazon.com description

Told through vivid descriptions and Meghan’s relatable voice (yes, relatable, even though she’s a faery princess and all that), get ready for a ton of emotional highs and lows in this book. Yeah, I didn’t think it was possible, but the third book in this series brings even more EPICNESS.
Ben Barnes Ash Iron Queen
The characters continue to grow and evolve, which is more than can be said for many series. Their stories reach new levels of emotion and—yes—romance. Ooh-la-la!

Reading too many descriptions of the book, and perhaps even its title, spoiled a bit for me, so I’ll leave it at that. Fans at the series will be gasping at the ending, ready to count down for the release of Book 4.

Before I go, can we discuss casting? I love love love Ash, and all I can picture when reading is Ben Barnes. Does anyone agree?

If you like this book, you might also like: Fire by Kristin Cashore

Posted by: Anna   •   In: 5 stars, fairies, julie kagawa, romance

1. The Lovely Getaway said:

OMG! isnt that they guy who plays prince caspian in the narnia movies?! that is EXACTLY how i imagined ash to look like! you REALLY hit the spot 🙂 thanks for sharing your thoughts…. and yummy picture 😉

Diana

2. Kristina Barnes♥ said:

Oh my GOSH, yes! I totally pictured Ben Barnes all the way through reading this entire series. I will never see Ash as anyone other than Ben Barnes. xD /fangirl.

3. Melissa (i swim for oceans) said:

Nope, still haven't started this series, but you sold me on Ben Barnes 😉

Great review, Anna!

Posted on: Thu, January 27, 2011

EPICNESS = completely agree. And you will be happy to note that I am now 150% Team Ash.

5. Cari said:

Oh my god I cried so much on this book! I love Ben Barnes but I could also see Orlando Bloom.

6. Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said:

This book is awesome! And Cari, I cried TONS too!

7. Emma said:

Just about to start this!! so excited 🙂 and I am totally sold on Ben Barnes as Ash – or Gaspard Ulliel… Both are kind of how I picture Ash…

8. Jenny said:

I loved this book so much:) And I certainly wouldn't mind a little Ben-as-Ash action! I fully approve of your casting decision Anna!

9. Flippin’ Fabulous said:

I now pronounce you unofficial-official casting director.

I'm totally agreeing with the EPICNESS

10. Steph Su said:

WHOA! I wasn't much of a fan of Ash in the books… but then you post that picture of that guy, and now EVERYTHING HAS COME TOGETHER. Oh yes. I can totally see him as Ash. Wow. That's pretty awesome.

11. Jen (Makeshift Bookmark) said:

I NEED THIS BOOK! I totally went to Borders the other day and dude was like "nope. don't have it. try online." And then I socked him. But I still don't have this book.

And that pic is FOINE.

12. Alyssalondra said:

I was so dissapointed with the ending of this book. It made me want to throw my kindle across the room and write the author demanding a refund for the money I spent on all 3 and the noveletta!